Triton Trailer

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jonesark

Hey guys, I'm in the process of buying a RXTX 260 and it comes with a Triton LTWCI-TX tailer. I've read a little about them online, seem to have good reviews.

Any owners out there? Likes and dislikes.

Also, have you guys added the storage box or fuel jug tray?

Thanks!

I'm not familiar with that exact model but Tritons are regarded as the top of the line trailers for PWCs and snowmobiles. I have one. That's a big ski I would just double check that the trailer is rated for that much weight. Some of the older trailers were only made for small two stroke skis.

I believe there is a thread in the two stroke forum where a bunch of people posted pictures of their trailers and fuel jug trays.

in general term's...

Triton's Rock ! I wish I had one.

Brian is giving good advice to make sure your model can handle the weight, but i'm guessing the answer is yes.

I'm not familiar with that exact model but Tritons are regarded as the top of the line trailers for PWCs and snowmobiles. I have one. That's a big ski I would just double check that the trailer is rated for that much weight. Some of the older trailers were only made for small two stroke skis.

I believe there is a thread in the two stroke forum where a bunch of people posted pictures of their trailers and fuel jug trays.

Thanks for the advice guys. I checked the website, it's rated up to 1790lb carrying capacity.

Has a torsion axel, which I hear is better than spring but I've never owned one.

I read up on this topic on Greenhulk.com as well. Some guys were saying the LT's were fine in freshwater, but would recommend an Elite if going to salt.

Assuming your location is correct, you should be fine. In the sled world we have loved our Triton trailers. The LT line is a cheaper line which is still better quality than some other manufacturers premium line of trailer. This is true for sled and pwc trailers by Triton.

Some will find larger tubing used on the elite and galvanized hardware. Otherwise, both are fine trailers. I have a triton elite sled trailer, and the difference when talking enclosed snowmobile trailers is much greater. Quite a few convenience items and hardware differences.

When talking a single or double place PWC trailer, it may not show as much. Buy with enough capacity, and you should be fine.

I have the triton elite dual trailer with gas rack and storage rack it hold 2 GTX limited IS 260 perfectly the elite is the aluminum one so won't rust if go into salt water

Hey guys, I'm in the process of buying a RXTX 260 and it comes with a Triton LTWCI-TX tailer. I've read a little about them online, seem to have good reviews.

Any owners out there? Likes and dislikes.

Also, have you guys added the storage box or fuel jug tray?

Thanks!

I have a lightly used ( kept my PWC on an in water dock) garaged Triton aluminum trailer that the aluminum welds for the front crank completely fell apart
Contacted Triton who told me to get lost- would not buy one if you plan to use extensively. They don’t back up their work
Glad they don’t build bridges or spacecraft!!!!

I have a lightly used ( kept my PWC on an in water dock) garaged Triton aluminum trailer that the aluminum welds for the front crank completely fell apart
Contacted Triton who told me to get lost- would not buy one if you plan to use extensively. They don’t back up their work
Glad they don’t build bridges or spacecraft!!!!

Wow, that's crazy! Pictures?

Must be crappy welds. I can't believe Triton won't do anything for you. Those stops are replaceable so you would think they would be willing to sell you some new ones at cost. Not good customer service.

Well, by looking at those pics it looks as if you drive onto the trailer. I'd venture to say that it looks as if they've been powered into a few times. This is only my opinion due to the way they're pushed, I couldn't see the winch do that.

I had a Ravens aluminum 2 place trailer back in the mid to late 90's. The tongues were too long and flexed the trailer and the welds would fracture and crack the trailers. I was the second owner, called Ravens and they couldn't do enough to help me. They told me to take it to a shop and get a quote for repairs. I did, they sent me a check in the mail. That's customer service. I still look for one of those trailers a few times a year, I'd take another in a heartbeat. The guy laughed that they could build trailers to haul 80k but couldn't make a small little trailer to carry pwc's. Best of luck with the repairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back