triton aluminum trailer

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shortrun

Can someone please take a photo of where the VIN is on your trailer?
I don't want to see at actual VIN number so block that if you like.
I just want to see the location. I know where they say the location is but I want to see.
Thanks, if you can help.

On mine it is just a sticker. There is no actual stamped VIN. Once the sticker is gone the trailer is a ghost. If you have a title with the VIN in your name Triton will print you a new one.
Come to think of it my friend is using my triton and I am using my old Shorlandr' damn it. Need to get that back.

Triton will print a new one, that is interesting.
I cannot find any flat surface that a sticker could be attached. That is why I was looking for a picture

I just found this on there site.

A duplicate Certificate of Origin (C.O) can only be issued by the vehicle manufacturer to the original purchasing dealer. This is rare and usually occurs only if the C.O. is in some way accidentally defaced in the transaction process.

The certificate of Origin is not the same as the VIN sticker. If you have the title in your name then they will print you the sticker.
Unfortunately mine is at my friends and I can't remember the sticker. I want to say it is inside the "V" where the frame splits from the tongue.
Triton Elite LT-WC1 1999 VIN plate.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok VIN sticker

I can see where it was. I expect many fall off over the years.
Appreciate your help.

Yes, they do. In my opinion it is pretty stupid and I don't know why they do it. Every other trailer I have ever had is stamped except for PWC trailers that are, wait for it, in the water. So yes the stickers don't last. I don't know why they aren't required to stamp them but like I said as long as you have a title in your name the manufacturer will reprint them.

I had a custom sticker printed up that says CONTINENTAL and the VIN number. I also scribed the VIN into the aluminum.

I have a nice stamp set. I'm going to get a small piece of aluminum, stamp the number into it, then rivet the plate onto the trailer.

The VIN should be stamped in the metal but they don't seem to do that very often.
Thanks for the info.

I've even called and bi*ched at them for this practice. a STICKER. a VIN STICKER on a trailer that can push $10k new.

a STICKER on something that regularly goes into WATER.

The woman on the phone was not impressed at my outrage, nor understood the stupidity of the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back