Trailer tire and wheel upgrade

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruskeyjdm

Looking to upgrade my wheels and tires on the double shorelandr
Currently has the smaller, wider wheels and I am looking at my options to go to a bigger set.
Looking for feedback or opinions on which size would be best

345.jpg

Looking to get something like this but they show offset of 0
346.jpg

347.jpg

Tried out a old spare 12" rim and it fits but the offset is a bit narrow
348.jpg

349.jpg

350.jpg

I am a fan of the short fatties as they are like me. :)

Seriously I am not sure on a single trailer, but on one of my doubles I have the short fat tire setup. I like it a little better as it seems to give a softer ride for my skis.

Yeah they do seem to ride smooth, but I really like the look of the aluminum wheels [MENTION=77343]Ankeneyou[/MENTION] trailer looks great
358.jpg

Are your tires radial or bias ply?

Short fat are better for weight, launch and retrieval. Tall are for long hauls as there will be less RPMs on the hubs and bearings.

Thanks yah I really liked the look of those rims on the trailer. They were 14's so I had to raise the fenders an inch and was still close. I found out later Triton sells a wheel upgrade kit which is basically spacers for the trailer suspension.

I actually now have the exact rims you posted above on the same trailer in 13's. I don't like the look as well but they didn't have the other rims in anything smaller that 14. I changed them for piece of mind hauling two 3 seaters 600 miles and I was afraid the extra weight would cause wheels to rub. I'll be getting the triton spacer kit and swapping wheels back over winter.

I think I would have been fine if the trailer had leaf springs, but the torsion axle seems to give more and be a little bouncer when loaded down.

As for tires, I got the Kenda Loadstar bias on both sets. Also got them from the same site you are looking at, and get them next day since I'm in ohio.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trailer wheels have a zero offset, so.. those 12" have the correct offset of 0. I run the fatties on my double. Fat and short or skinny and tall, I have seen NO difference in hub temp after a haul. The big diff is at the ramp, you land lockers don't have tides, but here the Delaware river south of Trenton NJ is tidal as is the ocean (obviously)where I ride so, with tall tires I'm either in or out of the water when launching or retrieving. When you gotta get the ski onto the trailer by hand it sucks. I never have that problem with the short fatties.

You can get fatties on aluminum, but they're 10" wheels

http://www.trailertiresandwheels.com/page/478727754

359.jpg

Can't say enough good things about trailertiresandwheels . Com. I went with the Kenda radials ST145R12 on the same trailer.
360.jpg
361.jpg

Thanks for the help guys, [MENTION=77343]Ankeneyou[/MENTION] can you post a side view picture of the wheel width on the trailer?
Website says 4" so I think it will be good, I'll prob go with the 13"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back