Trailer set up, what you got?

glsmohio

Water Crafts
(2) 1996 xp , 1996 spx ,1997 spx. 1997 GS, 1994 spx, 1994 xp, 2000 xpl
Hey guys I have a two place aluminum trailer and I'm thinking of adding a box to it along with a rack to hold my vp cans. So what's your set up like? Pics?

dgoodwin10

Water Crafts
1997 GTX, 3x 1996 XP, 2001 GTX, 1999 GP1200, 1998 Exciter 135
Do it! Adding a tool box, can rack and walk boards has made all the difference in how my trailer functions.

Water Crafts
96 XP
My trailer has the box and gas can rack built in. The gas can rack would be easy to replicate with some angle iron and a length of metal rod that goes through the handles on the cans.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shovelmike

Premium Member
Premium Member
I got a double trailer with a pair of Seadoos I bought earlier this season. It was equipped with lever action 400 lb capacity winches, which were just barely adequate. I put a pair of 1200 lb rated winches on it. I had to shorten the cranks on one side and

Shovelmike

Premium Member
Premium Member
Eliminate the handle on the other to clear my large tool box. The gearing makes this work well despite the reduced leverage.
I put in new wheel bearings just for good measure. One of the hub's is not in too great shape due to a bearing failure with the previous owner, the inner seal won't stay put. I am considering the Ultra Pack hub's from Northern Tool. Anyone here tried them?

Got an older karavan two place. But with my big gtx the box is almost completely submerged. It tows wonderfully but I can't keep anything in the box at all.

Got the trailer out today. Reminded me of a few things so I picked up a new coupler, a license plate lamp, two fender markers and I'm hoping that will be it for awhile.

Coastiejoe

Staff member
Water Crafts
2009 RTX X (255 hp supercharged / inter-cooled).
2010 GTX 155
Got an older karavan two place. But with my big gtx the box is almost completely submerged. It tows wonderfully but I can't keep anything in the box at all.
Post a few pictures of your set up, maybe we can rearrange things and help with the box issue.

The box is junk. It needs to be replaced with a better one if I even replace it at all. One latch is gone as well as a hinge pin on the same side. It's bolted to the frame where it "y"s for stability. I'd rather have a platform to stand on in place of the box. I can keep anything I would put in the box in my truck or the SeaDoo itself. And the box is just always in the way.

I do need to get a new winch for my side. It needs a center board and the bunks could probably stand to be replaced at some point as well.

Got new load c 4.80-12 tires as the ones that were on it were worn and cracking. Also put a new coupler on with grade 8 bolts, shortened up the chains so they didn't have to have a knot in them and new grade 8 bolts there as well. New 1100lb crank and strap on my side and the waverunner got the good strap from my side. Also moved the license plate to the fender to prevent damage to it and added a light for it as well. This year I may end up painting it black. The box will be coming off. Not sure if it will be replaced or not. If I do replace it I will be using a sealed aluminum diamond plate locking unit

Joel621r

Premium Member
Premium Member
Water Crafts
1997 XP 2001 RXX
Thank you... It is long.. I had the builder make a motorcycle rack so I could take my dualsports bike with me.. bit longer than I originally expected... but it trailers nice

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:19)

Adsense

Usergroup

Administrator Moderator Premium Member