Trailer hitch coupler lock recommendations

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I use the middle picture you have for when the trailer is attached to my tow vehicle. I have seen more than one person come back from a ride and heir trailer is gone. You really need to put a lock on the trailer when it is sitting in the lot. It literally takes like one-minute to pop it off your vehicle and put it onto another one...

As far as a lock when it is off the trailer, either of the other two you picture will work fine. I leave mine in my garage and I STILL use the pin-type lock (middle picture). I figure if someone want it they will get it, but I am not going to make it a gift as far as making it easy for them.

One step further,,, If you have a receiver on your vehicle and do not use a lock on the pin, then there really is no use to lock the trailer to the ball as all you have to do is un-pin the receiver and slide it into another hitch..

You can buy them as a kit for 20 to 25 bucks...

I use a receiver lock like this one with a key and it is keyed-alike to my trailer pin-lock...
(It comes with a sleeve as some receivers has larger holes than others)

41HW5SYEC8L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Attachments

• cover.gif
    cover.gif
    1.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back