TPI / TPS new opened package OEM Quicksilver Mercury Throttle Position Indicator 8M6005165Supersedes part #83295211 (TPI) / #83295212 (TPI) /

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeptemberC

Thanks to Ryoo I made the trek back into my parts box for my Islandia. I ran across many parts that we bought when we were trying to diagnose my engine problem (which turned out to be a broken/missing reed valve). I have this available if anyone needs one. Looks like they are selling for around $100+ on ebay. Make me an offer if you need it. THIS WAS FOR MY 240 SportJet (2003 based on serial number)

Supersedes part #83295211 (TPI) / #83295212 (TPI) / #83295210 (TPI) / #8329521 (INDICATOR-CR)

IMG_9288.JPG

IMG_9289.JPG

IMG_9290.JPG

IMG_9291.JPG

Last edited:
Good Morning,

I have a 2001 Seadoo Islandia. Do you know if this part will fit on my Merc 240 engine? I will do some searching this morning to see if it is the correct one.

Thanks

Joe

Mine had been hydrolocked. It had been to multiple shops. Finally my hubby and I along with a friend tore it down and found a broken reed. We spent a lot of money replacing parts that didn’t need replaced. :cry:

Smoking, appears to be running on less than 6 cylinders, won't go past 4500 rpm, top speed around 40 probably. Runs fine on idle when cold, dies on idle when warm. Had a full tune up, all filters, stator oil, plugs.. Beeps all different ways, but no lights on, checked all fuses.

Smoking, appears to be running on less than 6 cylinders, won't go past 4500 rpm, top speed around 40 probably. Runs fine on idle when cold, dies on idle when warm. Had a full tune up, all filters, stator oil, plugs.. Beeps all different ways, but no lights on, checked all fuses. This is a 2005 Utopia 205.

@Dr Honda - can you offer some suggestions?

Have you checked all of the coil packs? What do each of the spark plugs look like? Have you replaced port/starboard temperature sensors? “Had a full tune up”. Who did it?
“Beeps all different ways”. Please provide more info.
Have you posted your engine serial number here in the forum?

@Dr Honda - can you offer some suggestions?

Have you checked all of the coil packs? What do each of the spark plugs look like? Have you replaced port/starboard temperature sensors? “Had a full tune up”. Who did it?
“Beeps all different ways”. Please provide more info.
Have you posted your engine serial number here in the forum?
Did not check coil packs yet, did not take out plugs since installed, did not do temp sensors, I did the tune up as was quoted $1000, beeps when accelerating usually. A friend of mine that knows marine engines will take a look this weekend. Engine serial is 0E425956. Thanks for all your help!

When you had the broken/missing reed valve was it just one broken or more than one. What were the symptoms when the engine was running?

@Hawk111 Yes it was just one broken but the reed cage was bent too. The engine got hydro locked and the reed broke and cage bent when we tried to start it (not knowing it was hydro locked). It was the port bottom reed that was broken. It was hard to start, ran rich, fouled plugs and just sounded weird.
New cages and Boysen reeds and all fixed

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back