Towing tubes behind a 2013 GTR 215

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob_GTR215

Hi, we have a 2009 Wake Pro 215 which we have used to tow up to three people on tubes, using the ski pole on the Wake. We have just purchased a 2013 GTR 215, and it does not have a ski pole. Can we use the rear tow hook to tow tubers? Will the tow hook take as much force as the ski pole?

Cheers,
Rob

That is what the hook is for. That area is reinforced. The advantage to the pole is the line is higher out of the water. Other than that, it is basically the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tow tubes on my GTR no problem. When I had my Speedster 200, I used the ski pole and bent it while towing tubes. The hook on the ski is very sturdy. I also purchased the Sea doo hook eye for quickly connecting the rope.
The only problem I have while towing is regulating the speed. The throttle is very sensitive on the GTR even in touring mode. I just installed the ski module last night to hopefully make it easier on my fingers.

The center tow hook is always strong enough to pull skiers and tubes. The corner tow hooks are often even stronger, they're used to lift the boat and fasten it to the trailer.

I have installed an OEM Ski Pole on my RXT. I posted the process and pics here on this form. Use the search box and query " install retractable ski pylon".

You can install one. It is was not hard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Side question. When towing with your Wake were you using the pole fully extended? My local dealer suggested using it extended halfway when towing tubes. More drag blah blah, which makes sense but its irritating losing the handles feature when towing. Just curious if what your practice is and if you had any problems.

I don;t trust the ski pole on my Sportster b/c I require all the power and more this boat can produce, to get up on a slalom ski. Therefore, I only pull the pole up high enough to clear.

The issue with a tube is sometimes they can stick to the water and even submerge, putting a sudden heavy load on a pole. also most towers warm against pulling tubes.

I don't understand what the "handles" feature is, I do use a float on my rope just ahead of the handles to keep the rope in sight but that might spray water on a tuber depending on where the float is. I think I've used that same rope for tubes and not had any problems.

Then there are those large round balls the rope runs through just ahead of the tube maybe 10 feet, those keep the rope higher out of the water so the tubers aren't sprayed. I don't see many of them being used.

When referring to the handles feature I am speaking of the Wake Edition Seadoo Skis. We have an elevated pole position for towing that has spotter handles on the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back