Towing capacity of a 2004 seadoo sportster 150

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daytona20

I am looking at purchasing a 2004 seadoo sportster 150 with the 155 hp engine and factory wakeboard tower. I am trying to determine what the towing capacity of this boat is. I would be buying this boat to wakeboard, waterski and tubing. So my question is will this boat tow a 250 lb person on waterskis or a wakeboard. does anyone have any firsthand experience pulling a 250 lb person with one of these boats. Will the wakeboard tower tow someone that heavy. Thanks

thanks for the response.

My local seadoo dealer thinks that this boat can pull someone that heavy but they don't have any first hand experience doing it with that boat. That`s why i figured i would ask here to see if anyone has done it. anyone else?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a 2008 Speedster 150 and it pulls me (220#) on a wakeboard no problem. Its great for tubing, pulling a tube with two 145# kids! Get it and have fun

I don't entirely agree. I have the 155hp. It gets me up on a single ski deep water start, but not easily. I weigh 220ish. I have written other posts / threads about it, feel free to look me up and see my other comments. Wake boarding would be better with that engine, but the wake is very small and not suited for jumping. We have adjusted our style to suit the boat and for really heavy skiers we do a 90 degree start (whilst keeping the rope tight), and get a run up before straightening the boat and pulling up the skier.

I am still happy with the 155hp as it's all I can afford and fit in my small garage, but I'd buy a bigger engine if I could.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back