Totaly gutted! :-(

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

whitewheels

Finally started to hook up my rebuild 951 in my sportster resto project. Got the day off and had plans of doing a first on-trailer start-up this evning......but this happend... uploadfromtaptalk1440162969947.jpg

So being a boat with fuel in a closed engine bay I don't wanna take any chanses. Is this solved only with a new carb or does it repair? Help please. On the edge of givin up this project [emoji20]

...ooh, it's the return outlet pipe on the mag carb......if the pic doesen't tell . Broke clean of all the way into the carb/pump body

You can get a new/used pump body with the fitting installed, that might be easiest. Internet has carb dealers with parts, nipples and Tees, steel fuel system parts etc. so could probably replace the fitting. Isocyanate 3M super glue is fuel proof if you can obtain a decent fit.

@minnetonkaforme would have a new piece.

Ok
Have search on pumps but they are very expensive or out of stock. A used carb is alot also for just that t/pump.
So it's possible to remove the oem t and replace it with a universal carb t and seal it? At first it looked like the t was casted togheter with the pump body...

If it were mine, I would pull the block and then attempt to pull the fitting out. If I couldn't pull it out, I would cut it flush, and drill it out and then tap it for a stainless fitting.

I went to the local seadoo shop and they had a bunch of old carbs in a box. Might give that a shot too.

That would be the Mikuni SBN46i carb, mine has a thin plastic Tee inserted into the fuel pump body and looked very precarious easily broken while taking them apart and changing out the fuel line tubing.

Need to measure your hole or the broken fitting using a digital caliper. Harbor Freight has them, what is the diameter? Then have a google search.

There are many steel Tees available and some plastic (must be fuel proof!) as well, they're pretty common on carburetors and carburetor specialty shops sell them. Or just a straight piece of tubing can be pressed in if the diameter is correct.

I've found the 3M or other quality super glue is fuel proof adhesive and holds those fittings well as long as the diameter isn't too lose must be a bit of a tight press fit so measure twice and drill once if you must with a steady hand, go slowly/carefully.

Lawnmowers and weedeaters have similar small fittings too, local lawnmower repair guy might be able to fix that for you but he'll want some coin. In that case a used carb from the ebay might be just the ticket.

Carburetor parts will become progressively harder to come by in the future, buying a used pair for spare parts might be justifiable.

Great tip guys.
Think I'll pull the body and try to get the broken t out. Nothing to loose as it's already broken.

Yes carbs is a thing of the past [emoji16]

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally, I'd drill and tap it and screw in a new t-piece.
$4 and job done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually found a guy with a pumpbody for sale here in sweden just have to get hold of him asap......or else a new tapped t piece

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back