top speed of a Seadoo GS.. (718cc 85hp)

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ford man

i am wondering the top speed of a 2000 seadoo gs i have one ive owned it for 4 years now its been my 1st and only ski. im only wondering top speed because when im at full speed on it it always feels faster than seeing it from shore. i am just wondering if anyone else has this bike and if so have you ever clocked it? ive heard 45mph but im not sure if this is true or not. seems more like 55 when on it. (i will add the 718cc motor has been a great engine never a bit of trouble until this yr as you all know. also anyone else see the 717cc-720cc motors as being reliable? i believe their all the same amount of hp.

Attachments

• IMG_20130613_123022.jpg
    IMG_20130613_123022.jpg
    863.7 KB · Views: 63
i love the engine as far as pretty much maintaince free. i know its not the fastest but when its runnin good it gets up and is very responsive. ive beat a polaris 700cc but not my buddys baja boat lol(i was about 20 yards behind him and he was runnin 70,but thats about all i know as far as speed.

O.K. guys be nice, everybody was new to the forum at one time.

I would think you should get in the lower 50's, the best way to check your speed is with a GPS. I do think the 717 (85 HP) is the most reliable and requires the least maintenance of any engine that SeaDoo ever used. However with a little more maintenance the 787 has 25 more HP, so I would have to give the edge to the 787 (110 HP).

Lou

yeah. it just feels alot faster (like 50s when youre on it maybe because its a 2 seater and is more manoverable than a 3 seater idk. ill try the gps out. and yes the 787cc are really nice ive ridden one on a 97 xp (i believe thats what they have) and i know they have the 110hp on the gsx as in your pic. another ? is gs gsx and gsi the only ones in the Gs class?

My GS is runs just shy of 50 mph. As far as I am concerned the 717 is a bullet proof motor.

But does not have the same fun factor as the 787.

Sent using Tapatalk

is see, yes ive ridden a 97 xp 787 their fun! nice skis you have. ive dogged this ski dougnuts. spins, given it heck and never had an issue with it. however ive never pulled a tube with it( because at our lakes in Oklahoma you have to have mirrors or a spotter to pull someone and i figured itd get squirly with 2 people aboard and one on the tube. have you with yours? if so is it pretty stable with pulling weight
-cody

I have a pair of GS 718cc just rebuilt carbs and changed fuel lines, By a hand held GPS 1 runs 52mph and the other 50 mph not sure if the slower one needs a little more tuning by both run great

i'd say 46-48 would be about the right speed to expect out of that model/engine.

My first ski topped out around 49-50, I had it for 3 years and I loved it.

Oh lord please start a new thread. If the OP (@fordman) sees this we are going to get 10000000 post on his Seadoo Gs compressions readings haha

well I have sea doo GS 2000 , got rid of the rotary valve, made a monifold to install reeds valve ( yamaha 701) , bored the intake to 50 mm, with the 82.25 mm piston ...I have a friend we ride together, he has a yamaha 800CC , I can't tell you the MGH but he goes 50 and I go faster, if you don't believe it I live in Sarasota Fl , my seadoo GS is white ( hull) the rest is red including the seat

I was keeping an eye on it to see where it was going. It is nearly two years old and no longer being used for information. I will lock the thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well I have sea doo GS 2000 , got rid of the rotary valve, made a monifold to install reeds valve ( yamaha 701) , bored the intake to 50 mm, with the 82.25 mm piston ...I have a friend we ride together, he has a yamaha 800CC , I can't tell you the MGH but he goes 50 and I go faster, if you don't believe it I live in Sarasota Fl , my seadoo GS is white ( hull) the rest is red including the seat

One of the other mods. closed this thread, and I will also agree this thread is a train wreck. So if you would like to comment or share your build (it does sound interesting), please start a new thread on the subject.

Lou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back