To Big For JB Weld

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jcurrier

Wondering Everyones opinion on these three parts. Finally got the impeller and stator and wear ring off. I really want to do the jb weld trick on the wear ring but my fear is its to far gone. Anyone seen one this bad and JB weld work.

Also as far as the impeller and stator go. Is it worth getting those fixed or woudl i not really notice any performace increase from that.

Just overall looking for opinions.

Attachments

• IMAG0173.jpg
    IMAG0173.jpg
    547.3 KB · Views: 71
  • IMAG0175.jpg
    IMAG0175.jpg
    502 KB · Views: 83
  • IMAG0179.jpg
    IMAG0179.jpg
    566.2 KB · Views: 68
  • IMAG0181.jpg
    IMAG0181.jpg
    661.6 KB · Views: 73
  • IMAG0182.jpg
    IMAG0182.jpg
    525.9 KB · Views: 59
Not an issue of "too big for jb weld" but more an issue of "wrong damned place for jb weld".

That needs to be fixed correctly, with replacement parts.

Hmm maybe I am missing something bit I thought it was all over these forums saying u could do this on the wear ring.

JB Weld most likely won't hold up, and then will come apart causing more damage.

I used JB Weld inside the tuned pipe where the casting bumps had eaten away, but nowhere else.

There is too much going on in the jet pump area to "rig" it with JB Weld. Too much movement and too much presure.

Would you put JB Weld as a repair in the rear differential on your truck? If not, then don't do it in the jet pump area.

I'm with scooper on this one. Don't try to fix that with JB Weld. It will just break loose, and cause other issues. I know parts for the Merc drives aren't easy to find... but you could have that welded up, and reconditioned.

As far as "I thought it was all over these forums saying u could do this on the wear ring. ".... I've never seen anyone say they can JB weld a pump. The only thing that JB weld gets used on is the plugs on the Rotax exhaust pipes. BUT... I don't recommend using it to fix that either.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you search here as well as the rest of the www, you can find tons and tons of times that other people have done the repair on their wear ring on Mercury based stuff with JBWeld. I would think if it is a popular repair that gets good results, they cant all be wrong. However, I havent done it myself, so I dont know if this applies to your case and the mess you have to fix. That looks like more than just a wear ring surface. Looks like a chunk on that lip is missing.

I would call impros on the stator. I am sure they can fix that. The wear ring can be bored and sleeved with a stainless steel ring. They can help you out with both. I am going to send my stuff off to them soon. Although I called a couple days ago and have not heard back yet. They may not have gotten the message I left though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back