Tips on removing gauge cluster

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

rdfish1

Before I attempt to remove the plastic chrome ring and the gauge itself, I thought I would ck to see if anyone knows exactly what is involved. I can't tell for sure, but it looks like the chrome ring might pop off, exposing screws that hold the gauge in place.

Does anyone know before I start prying and break something

Attachments

• IMG_0254.JPG
    IMG_0254.JPG
    1,003.3 KB · Views: 104
Reactions: RRM
I can tell you because I just changed mine out
1st when you take the screws out to remove the black part connected to the hood. The black part slides to unlock itself. I didn't know and pryed mine off and broke all the holders [emoji849].
The silver ring just pops off to exspose the little screws to remove the cluster.

117.jpg

I can tell you because I just changed mine out
1st when you take the screws out to remove the black part connected to the hood. The black part slides to unlock itself. I didn't know and pryed mine off and broke all the holders [emoji849].
The silver ring just pops off to exspose the little screws to remove the cluster.

Perfect, thank you.

My black hood deflector already removed itself after cracking during trailering so I purchased a new one for $75 incl decals.

You should have read the manual which is free online. There is a very clear procedure for removing the gauge and it is noted that if it is not followed you will break the tabs off. You'll need to use a thin wooden stick like a coffee stirrer and put a slight edge on it and then slide it in from the inside of the gauge face to push the locking tabs back which will allow the bezel to come off without breaking any tabs. A little tricky your first time but not difficult and works perfectly if you follow the manual.

Before I attempt to remove the plastic chrome ring and the gauge itself, I thought I would ck to see if anyone knows exactly what is involved. I can't tell for sure, but it looks like the chrome ring might pop off, exposing screws that hold the gauge in place.

Does anyone know before I start prying and break something
On my 2007 it looks like I can access the instrument cluster from underneath the hood is this correct ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back