Tips for 97 speedster any and all welcome

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume you have one (or 2) of the 787 engines?

They are already putting out 110 hp. Just find the right impeller, swap in a new wear ring, and it should be plenty fast.

Do too many mods to the engine and you will start to impact engine life-span and reliability.

Personally, I have a new 787 in my challenger and skat-trak swirl impeller, and I like the way it runs. Plus, with only 20 hours on the engine, I have peace of mind that it will get me home everytime out for the next few years.

I do believe they are 720's only 85 hp each one is brand new 6 hrs on it, the other is ????? but what pitch should i look for. any ignition upgrades avail???? throttle response is pretty good but anything to get that skier out of the water faster.:reddevil: Thanks for the help!

I was just wondering if anyone with a stock 97 speedster could tell me if it as enough to get two skiers out of the water (big guys 215+)????????:reddevil:

You have twin 720's in there with single carbs. As scooper77515 said, check and replace the wear rings if needed and install a pair of Skat-Trak Swirl impellers (14.5/22.5). This alone will make a huge difference when pulling skiers.
If you want to go further in modifications, the first thing you must do is replace the single carbs with dual OEM carbs like the 96 Speedster has. The single carbs will not flow enough fuel for any modifications to the engine.

Chester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back