Tight Steering - 00 GTX RFI 787

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

fabs

Hey there, got an old 2000 seadoo gtx rfi that doesn't run and I'm pulling the engine, but there's a few other things I'm tackling. The steering is super tight and the ski probably hasn't run in at least 2 years. What should I test next time I work on it? Thanks.

Hey Popps, thanks for the reply. Could you give me a little more info on what you mean by pump?

Apologies...the jet pump...see if the prop is mangled...if the wear ring is gouged,,,or the staror vanes are gouged...

I would rebuild the pump new carbone seal.i would pull the steering nozzle and clean up the pivot points.there are bushings in them and electrolysis gets between them.tightens them up.go thru and clean a the grounds and make sure the wire Co nectio s are clean.also look at the exhaust where they welded covers on access holes they like to rot.

Took off the steering nozzle and jet pump, they seem to be in pretty good shape. The steering is still tight, do u think it just needs to be greased? Or should the line be replaced?

sorry for the late response havent worked on it in a few weeks, last i did was pull out the entire steering assembly and its still tight. it seems to be the actually cylinder that turns in the plastic housing that connects to the steering cable up front. it's all corroded, do i pull it out, clean it and grease it?

If the steering is tight when it is disconnected, then the cable probably needs to be replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back