Throttle Problem

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
MY 2010 RXT 215 took a crap today, so to speak. It started the day just fine, but after two runs it decided it didn't want to go anymore. It threw three fault codes at me, and the ski wouldn't go above 7 mph. I would squeeze the throttle and the ski would go from Idle to about 2500 RPMs and just stay there. The RPMs wouldn't drop after releasing it. iBR still worked fine, and it went into reverse, but no throttle whatsoever. Does anyone know of anywhere I can check my self before taking the ski to the shop. I have listed the codes below, the two 02 codes I know are TPS related, but the 06 code I have no idea.

P0222
P0223
P060D - yes the letter D, not a zero.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Thanks for your help bigJake!

I'm not even going to attempt to diagnose or fix this myself while it is still under warranty. Does anyone here have any experience dealing with the B.E.S.T. plan? I hope this is covered, I don't see why it wouldn't be. I will be taking it to the shop today, hopefully I will hear something back soon, but you never know. Last time it was in the shop, it was there for a month waiting to "hear back from sea-doo" on there recommended plan of action. I feel that problem, which was with the wire harness may be related to, or the cause of, this problem.

Well, three weeks after taking the ski into the shop, they said it is finally done! At least it was all covered under warranty, I will post tomorrow when I find out what exactly they did. I'm so excited, can't wait to test it out this weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck, at least you still have good weather to ride, mine has been winterized for a few weeks now.

The shop ended up having to replace the throttle sensor as well as the main wire harness because there was an open on two of the wires. Its funny that they replace the main wire harness now. Last year there was a problem with the same harness, and the ski wouldn't even turn on, but sea-doo made the shop (in TX at the time) work around having to replace the harness. Now this shop just went ahead and replaced it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back