Throttle Cable hard to squeeze on 3d

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

esabis

Our 2004 3d runs perfectly.

The throttle cable started sticking last week. You can read my other post about the missing oil pump spring to get an idea of where this started. http://www.seadooforum.com/showthread.php?t=33269

A few other posts have recommended that the cable be replaced. Period. Maybe that's what I'll end up doing eventually. But that may not be the problem.

Opening and closing the throttle at the throttle-body makes the oil pump cable move smoothly. So I think that cable is OK. I then shot silicone backwards from the solenoid cable into the little cable junction. Lastly I shot silicone into the cable at the throttle trigger.

Now if I hold the throttle wide open on the engine, I can move the throttle trigger easily back and forth. The cable slides effortlessly. Yet when I release the throttle on the motor end, the throttle trigger again is harder to squeeze than I think it should be.

During my little test, you can hear the cable moving the little cable junction. Is it possible to pry that thing open? I'm guessing the answer is no.

So it seems like, individually, the parts work smoothly. But as a system, the cable is harder to pull then I think it ought to be.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi,

Did you solve this problem? I have exactly the same issue and was wondering if you had sorted it.

Thanks.

Baz

Throttle Cable SeaDoo 3D sticking

No, sorry. No one responded and I've had no luck solving the issue. It just keeps getting harder and harder to squeeze.

Hi,

Did you solve this problem? I have exactly the same issue and was wondering if you had sorted it.

Thanks.

Baz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back