The ski has the shakes and is lazy.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jribbens

So we were out for hours enjoying our seadoo xp 92. my dad took it down river and disappeared for a long time. We jumped in the fishing boat to see what was wrong. we found him barely idling back. it was shaking a lot and was letting out a bit of smoke(no more then a freshly started 2-stroke). After docking it I took a closer look. when it started it was kinda loud and didn't have a ton of power. I got it home and took out the plugs, both pistons move up and down. I checked the starter to see if it was getting hung up. It works fine. however trying to start it before the test the terminal positive connection snapped off or maybe melted? I haven't done further testing yet. Am I looking at a crankshaft bearing? should I be in the market for a new engine?
p.s. I will be checking the impeller housing and wear rings but I dont think that is it. I looked through it as best as I could without removing stuff and it looked fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
but would that really keep the engine from full throttle?
it was secured to the manifold but I did find a bolt that held it to the engine came out. still. I think it would have been able to throttle up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely, you need three thing for an engine to run, fuel, spark and air. You're not getting enough oxygen, too much carbon monoxide.

Lou

theres about a 5% chance the engine is destroyed. if it was, there would be more than a little smoke. and not getting full throttle would be the least of the problems if it was youre engine.

So I checked the impeller it was clear for the most part. The shaft had someone's lure and line wrapped up but would have caused the issue. Any other ideas?

Well I just did and it's still shaking and making noise. I can run the rpm up to 4 before the shake gets real bad

did u take the whole drive shaft out or did u leave it in. if u left the shaft in, there might still be some fishing line tangled toward the back of the shaft causing it to shake.i had this problem with my friends kawaski. when i would get up to about 3 rpm it would start to rattle really bad. it turned out there was stick suced up in the in take grate causing it to rattle

The news got grim folks. I opened the ignition cover to check its condition. The fly wheel was so loose I pulled it off by hand. Then I spun the shaft, it had a slight wabble. I believe the crank shaft is bent... Is it possible that after fixing the flywheel it may work fine again?

you really wont know if its the crank till you tear it down ...i would reinstall the flywheel and run it and se if that makes a difference

Not for very long, if that's the case your best bet is probably an rebuilt short block.

Lou

Block off all ports ect and put some air pressure into the lower cases, ans spray soapy water around the cranks seal and look for bubbles.
If its leaking badly, a total overhaul is in order, or replace the SB like lou suggested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back