The Sea-Doo PWC Poppy Cover Thread

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

hfgreg

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Hey guys.. as most of you know the Poppy company makes covers for Sea-Doo boats and PWCs and is highly recommended in the Sea-Doo community.

Feel free to discuss the Poppy Company products here, in this thread.

Follow the link below to purchase a cover for your pwc. :cheers:

GTX 96-02 GTI 97-00 Sea Doo PWC Boat Cover
GTI 01-05 GTS 01-05 Sea Doo PWC Boat Cover
97-04 XP, XP DI Seadoo PWC Boat Cover
97-04 XP, XP DI Sea-Doo Cover PWC Boat Yellow/Gre?y Cover
97-04 XP, XP DI Seadoo Cover
93-96 XP, 96-99 SPX Fitted New Sea-Doo PWC Boat Coverhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/2010-2011-2..._Watercraft_Parts&vxp=mtr&hash=item460c082220
91GT,93-00 GTS, 93-95 GTX, 96 GTI Touring Seadoo Cover
91GT 1993-2000 GTS 93-95 GTX 1996 GTI Sea Doo Cover
2012 RXP 2012 RXP X Seadoo PWC Boat Cover
2012 GTX-S Seadoo PWC Boat Cover
2011-2013 Seadoo GTI Cover, GTI Wake, 2011-2013 GTI SE Cover
2010 2011 2012 Seadoo RXT, RXT-X, GTX 155, Wake Pro Cover
2009 -2012 Seadoo GTX iS, 2009-2012 RXT iS Cover
2007 - 2009 GTX GTX Wake GTX LTD Sea-Doo PWC Cover
2007 - 2009 GTX GTX Wake GTX LTD Sea-Doo PWC Cover
2007 2008 2009 RXT X SeaDoo PWC Boat Cover
2007 2008 2009 RXP X Seadoo PWC Boat Cover
2007 2008 2009 2010 Seadoo GTI, Seadoo GTI SE PWC Cover
2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 RXP, RXP-X Seadoo PWC Boat Cover
2006 Seadoo GTI GTI SE PWC SurLast Boat Cover
2006 GTI GTI SE Sea Doo PWC SurLast Boat Cover
2004-2008 3D 3-D DI Sea Doo Boat Cover
2004-2006 RXP Sea Doo PWC Boat Cover
2004 2005 2006 RXP Sea-Doo PWC Boat Cover
2002-2006 GTX RXT Sea-Doo PWC Boat Cover
2000-2003 RX RX DI, RXX Seadoo PWC Boat Cover
2000-2003 RX RX DI, RXX Seadoo PWC Boat Cover
1999-2003 LRV, Seadoo LRV DI PWC Boat Cover
1996-2002 Seadoo GTX Cover 1997-2000 GTI Seadoo PWC Cover
1996-2002 GTX, 1997-2000 GTI Seadoo PWC Boat Cover
1996-01 GS, GSI, GSX Sea Doo PWC Boat Cover
1995 1996 1997 HX Sea Doo PWC Boat Cover
1993-1999 Seadoo SP SPI Cover
1993-1995 SPX Sea Doo PWC
1992 Seadoo XP Cover

not working comes up with
The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.
This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept
cookies.

Greg, I get the same message. I also use Firefox.

When I clicked on "Try Again" It directs me to Ebay.

Other than that Poppy covers are one of the best. You can see mine by clicking on my name. I'll be getting one soon for my GSX.
My green one has seen 1-1/2 summers of the Sun sitting on my hoist and has not faded one bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys. I have no idea why ebay links would do that but I will get these updated shortly. They were working last night when I posted them :-\

She has them made for her company. I believe Poppy Company designed the initial covers and just have them reproduced.

Here is a FAQ page where they talk about how the covers are constructed and what material they use. http://www.poppycompany.com/faq.htm

they make some of the best covers as far as i can tell, but their "sales" are hardly anything, usually like $5 off, which won't even cover shipping. i emailed them around christmas about a discount for buying two, and they gave me a code for $5 off each cover, which when i'm talking about spending 200+, is a bit silly honestly.

along the topic line...
I have two x4 hull covers at my house, one AM and one OEM,
if anybody is interested, shoot me a PM, I never ever use mine, they should go to somebody who will.
not sure of values, but i'm guessing $60 for OEM and $50 for AM + shipping of $10 in the US.

they make some of the best covers as far as i can tell, but their "sales" are hardly anything, usually like $5 off, which won't even cover shipping. i emailed them around christmas about a discount for buying two, and they gave me a code for $5 off each cover, which when i'm talking about spending 200+, is a bit silly honestly.

Did you tell Terri that you belong to SDF.com? It might help if you talk to her directly.

I also just noticed that for a 99 GSX cover the price on her EBAY site is $10 more than on her website.
Probably to "cover" commissions to Ebay (pun intended :) )

She's not able to offer large sales because she sells these covers at a very small mark up.. I wouldn't be surprised to see the prices raised a little across the board.

I am more than happy to spend a few dollars more on these covers as I doubt I will ever have to buy another one again unless someone steals it. I don't mind supporting American companies with made in the USA products.

I ordered a cover for my neighbor's 99 GTXL. (he doesn't have internet access). Very happy with the price from Terri.

Did you tell Terri that you belong to SDF.com? It might help if you talk to her directly.

I also just noticed that for a 99 GSX cover the price on her EBAY site is $10 more than on her website.
Probably to "cover" commissions to Ebay (pun intended :) )

Thanks for the tip, I almost bought one off ebay. $10 less on their site plus a $5 coupon.

along the topic line...
I have two x4 hull covers at my house, one AM and one OEM,
if anybody is interested, shoot me a PM, I never ever use mine, they should go to somebody who will.
not sure of values, but i'm guessing $60 for OEM and $50 for AM + shipping of $10 in the US.

PM Sent about covers

Just ordered one for my 96XP. The code "FACEBOOK" saved me $5.00

:)

If you would have called, or emailed terry... I'm sure you would have gotten a better discount.

As you guys know... these are GREAT covers. They are 100x better than the OEM/factory cover, and the price is good too. No... they aren' cheap... but they work very well.

My boats stay outside all the time. SO... my covers see the sun and weather 24/7. The cover on my sportster was almost 4 years old, and it was still in good shape. So... if you are able to get your boat under a roof (to keep some sun off it)... a poppy cover should last the life of the boat.

Best of all... these are TRULY a trailerable cover. Here's the Islandia getting ready for a 2 hr trip to deepcreek MD.

413.jpg
[/URL]

Just a reply to the thread, my wife knew I wanted a cover but couldn't justify the cost. Well for my birthday my in-laws purchased a cover for me.

When it arrived I was pleased to find out it was a Poppy cover!

Material and construction seem to be top notch, I am a little disappointed in the commercial sewing logo and the vacuhold logo, but all in all I am pleased!

414.jpg

415.jpg

Are these covers waterproof?

I have factory SeaDoo covers for my GSX's. and they keep water out about as good as a screen door.

The only use they has is protecting the ski from UV, but by allowing water to just go right threw it, the foot wells fill up with water, then the water tries to evaporate and moulds the cover, and the entire inside of the hull..

I am looking to purchase new covers that will actually repell water!

Thanks,

-TheChad

These covers are fairly waterproof from my experience. They are made from "sunbrella" fabric, which is name brand stuff and mine has held up well now going on 4 years I believe. The fabric is not without maintenance though, it does need to be cleaned and retreated with a waterproofing spray periodically depending on exposure to the elements. You can go to the sunbrella website and view various aspects of their products including cleaning and re-waterproofing. They recommend 303 high tech fabric guard to retreat. I will be doing mine in the next few weeks to keep it waterproof.

As many have said, Terry is a very nice person and helps us forum members out on price. I actually was working in Indy when I bought my cover and met her personally to pic it up rather than shipping the cover since she works from there. I don't think you will be dissatisfied. I have seen the OEM Seadoo covers and like the sunbrella fabric better than what the OEM uses.

I have recently purchased two covers from The Poppy Company. One for a 1999 Sea Doo GTX RFI and one for a 1999 Polaris SLTX.
These are excellent covers and well worth the price! Both covers fit perfectly, I received both the covers within days of ordering them and Terri politely kept me up to date with the order via email. I had a big choice of colors for the Sea Doo cover but only two grey/black choices for the Polaris. This is probably due to the number of covers that Terri sells for Sea Doos far exceeding Polaris and so she can offer them in more colors. The "Vaccu Hold" cover vent system really works on these covers and you can see the cover being sucked on to the ski when trailering at any speed above 20mph. No flappy covers any more! A good quality bungee cord is fitted in the edge to hold the cover tight and there are plastic clips that also lock under the gunwhale. No tie down straps are needed! My only one comment is that the Polaris cover came with a zipped flap to access the fuel filler without taking e cover off yet the Sea Doo cover does not have this feature. Maybe the patterns for Poppy Company covers are a copy of the manufacturers originals and the original Sea Doo did not have the fuel filler access flap?

To sum up though, Great covers buy them from Terri and spread the word!

Any info on a Canadian distributor for these covers ? I need one for my gsx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No distributors. They keep the margins slim so you can only order direct from Poppy Company! Highly recommend them!

Ordered my cover for the gsx tonight!!! Will be about $200 to get it to my door...but my machines live outside, gotta do it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back