Thanks Lou.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ford man

Lou, I apprecite all the advice you've given me to this point (Very Helpful). I was just going to upday that i have yet to get a compression check reading on the 718cc GS model. however, i did manage to pull the back cover off of the (PTO or flywheel) and with the spark plugs out the PTO spun clockwise by hand with no problems at all. im pretty sure this is good. sorry i keep asking the same ?s over and over again. its just that im fairly new to learning these motors. but since it spun freely does that mean that its not siezed?(i pulled the plugs again and the rear plug was just a bit more black than the other both were pretty brownish looking though, this must be the lean condition causing it. im pretty sure it isnt siezed anyways because it will crank and turn over all day just sounds like its not getting fuel ( i know i will continue onto the other procedures that you advised.
Cody

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup Lou is the man! First check compression, and then we will start looking at fuel problems, does it have grey fuel lines??

yes hes great. and yes it does. and ive never touched the carbs . ive been having to run it on reserve this year to go WOT instead of the on postion so i think the fuel selector switch is bad or needs cleaned . when it cranks it cranks as usual and when i turned it by hand i could see the cylinders no signs of them being busted(just peeking through the plug holes) i think as far as the motor goes im pretty sure its still good ive never had any trouble in the 4yrs ive owned it until this season . its always been reliable. it just sounds like its not getting fuel so i will clean carbs or rebuild them . put new selector switch on it and new fuel lines and i think ill be set
thanks for responding -cody

Last edited by a moderator:
i do have one more question i know the compression is important i know its supposed to be high but if its low does that mean the motor is bad i havent taken the compression check yet im just curious

While I appreciate the compliments, it's over rated. Most of what I know I have learned from the real professionals on this forum. Dr Honda, Seadoo Snipe, Chester, Bill86e, minnetonka4me, and many others. What I have learned I am just passing on to others. That's what this forum is all about. The real thanks should go the the professionals on this forum, for sharing their knowledge and abilities with us shade tree mechanics, or as Griz says us Appalachian Technicians.

Lou

geeze ford man, now ya'll done went and give brother Lou a swelled head and now that's all we'll be hearin bout at the family picnic next week. Actually Lou's been helpin me even long before we dun found out we was long lost brothers separated at birth. Kudos Lou.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back