Taking on some water

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, so today I’m my 2008 Speedster 115, 215hp at sea my bilge pump came on for about 30 seconds after being in the water for a few hours. Completely calm like glass water conditions. I felt the water coming out and it was hot water, probably to be expected. I pulled the boat out and lifted it extra high to get all water out. I noticed that it was leaking under the venturi and and there was a pool of water in the venturi. Is this normal? Probably not, what can it be that is leaking?

Thank you.

Attachments

• DF4130D7-7642-4003-8D14-4233C1AEF552.jpeg
    DF4130D7-7642-4003-8D14-4233C1AEF552.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 53
  • 1C384C80-ABF8-4FAD-88FD-098C3757D24C.jpeg
    1C384C80-ABF8-4FAD-88FD-098C3757D24C.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 51
the Raw water part of the cooling system goes through your exhaust. If the water was hot I would suspect that the leak is coming from one of the hoses from your cooling lines going to your exhaust.

What Guarracs said, easy to check in the water with engine running can see pretty quickly where it’s coming in. I had a loose hose clamp when I had.

X3 on the exhaust hose clamp. Follow it all the way to where it exits the boat and check them all. Mine was loose right before the exit and it would leak every time out but not enough to turn on the bilge pump. Certainly enough to be annoying though!

X3 on the exhaust hose clamp. Follow it all the way to where it exits the boat and check them all. Mine was loose right before the exit and it would leak every time out but not enough to turn on the bilge pump. Certainly enough to be annoying though!

I believe that is the issue with mine. It did pop off before. I thought I cranked down on the hose clamp tight enough. I almost feel like if I turn on it any harder it will bust the receptacle.

I have a similar situation with my 2008 Wake 230 (430HP)- very small amount of water comes in bilge area when out on the water.

I've tried numerous times to "track it or discover where its coming in from" while the boat is running in the water with no luck. I even went as far as (when out of water on trailer), putting some water in the bilge area with a garden hose and trying to find where it's "leaking out" (and subsequently leaking IN when in the water) from someone standing outside/behind the boat with no luck.

This leads me to believe its water from the exhaust cooling system. Couple questions:

1. Where does the lake water come in from when looking in the engine bay?
2. All exhaust hose clamps (that I can actually see and have access to) seem tight, so what else should I be checking?

Attachments

• Eng.jpg
    Eng.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 17
Water comes in from a 3/4" hose coming from the backside of the pump mount. It's on either side of the pump tunnel. It goes under the motor to the front underside of the exhaust manifold.

Water comes in from a 3/4" hose coming from the backside of the pump mount. It's on either side of the pump tunnel. It goes under the motor to the front underside of the exhaust manifold.

Hmmmm are you talking about the 3/4" mount that you use to connect a garden hose to flush the boat?

I was responding to kozzy4444 when he asked where the lake water comes in when looking in the bilge. Maybe I misunderstood, but I thought he was asking about the exhaust system and where the water entered the boat on the transom??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back