Tachometer

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Without you saying what it is for, I have to guess it is for a Mercury seadoo.
Best place to start looking is a marine salvage yard or ebay. This is an odd-ball 2" unit. Most marine tachs are larger. If you can find a new one on ebay, it will be pricey. I used a regular Merc tach, then opened the hole to accept it. Easier to read, too.

Without you saying what it is for, I have to guess it is for a Mercury seadoo.
Best place to start looking is a marine salvage yard or ebay. This is an odd-ball 2" unit. Most marine tachs are larger. If you can find a new one on ebay, it will be pricey. I used a regular Merc tach, then opened the hole to accept it. Easier to read, too.

But how is to connect the cables in a merc tach ???

The 2" Seadoo tach has a 6 wire plug. The larger more common tach uses only 4 wires-
Ground, signal, Batt. +, Bulb.

I cut off the plug and wired to the tach from there.

The 2" Seadoo tach has a 6 wire plug. The larger more common tach uses only 4 wires-
Ground, signal, Batt. +, Bulb.

I cut off the plug and wired to the tach from there.
my ski didnt come with a tach but im going to add one i have 717 engine where would i splice into for the signal ,sender wire ?

This is the MERCURY section. I don't have any idea about that engine.
i used to do only mercury powerheads v6 . still have a 200 hp etc etc thanks much i dont have anyluck doing searches but when i ask ,someone always knows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back