Surfix Trailer Glides

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

gonzocox

The boat launch that is by where I live is not very steep so it was hard to push the ski off the trailer into the water so I decided to try some trailer glides.

I ended up getting the ones from Surfix and so far they have been working excellent. It slides right off the trailer and winching it back on is super easy now. It hasn't scratched the hull yet *fingers crossed* and was super easy to install.

Because I was losing that friction that came with the carpet I did install a safety chain as the trailer I got didn't have one.

I was also able to get a custom size that fit the length of the bunk. Would definitely recommend!

0507161317.jpg

If you don't have them, you want rear tie down straps as well. I use the guides on every trailer I have ever owned. It is the straps that will stop the boat from coming forward into your vehicle in the event of an accident or aggressive stop.

I've been using the black plastic slides that they sell locally and for dam sure its easier to push the ski off at the ramp, and a HELL of a lot easier to slide it from trailer to stand, two of us can push a RXT off in about 20 seconds, without the slides i needed a winch.

Please NEVER forget to attach the winch to the ski before driving up the ramp, i've seen the results when people forget, its ugly.

Looks nice,

I use silicone spray, or olive oil spray on the carpet bunks. Works like a charm.

If you don't have them, you want rear tie down straps as well. I use the guides on every trailer I have ever owned. It is the straps that will stop the boat from coming forward into your vehicle in the event of an accident or aggressive stop.

I for sure have rear straps as well. I thought they were a 100% must? Haha. I also check them to make sure they stay tight on long trips.

Please NEVER forget to attach the winch to the ski before driving up the ramp, i've seen the results when people forget, its ugly.

That would get real ugly real fast. I always make sure the winch is on there.

have you ever had an issue on a steep ramp when you pull up, shut the ski off and it starts sliding backwards into the water?

I had that a couple of weeks ago, had to start it up, run it back up again and let it idle while I connected the winch.

at least I was sure the slides were working!

Yeah, I've had that issue happen a couple times. I always ride with somebody else so when we bring her in, one of us will be ready with the winch and can quickly attach it and start winching before it can slide back. But then sometimes it will slide back and we have to ride it back up. I generally don't like to ride it up too far on the slide as I'm afraid of hurting the hull.

If you are doing it by yourself I would imagine it would be a lot harder!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back