SUPERCHARGER REBUILD 2010 RXT X

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
HI forum, just bought my first 4 stroke, 2010 RXT X, i tried different forums asking lots of questions before i purchased, the seller told me the ski had its 100 hrs service, i checked the oil and fluids ,everything looked good, i ordered a factory owners manual and service manual, dont have them yet, and now i read that the supercharger is to be rebuilt at 100 hrs, i nspected the supercharger and it doesnt appear to have been removed, im so upset, paid good money for a nice ski, and now im going to have to put more money into it before riding it, what is it with sea doo, ive read that the 2011's can go 200 hrs before supercharger refurbish, this one is a late build of 2010,

im a better than average mechanic by trade, and i watched a supercharger rebuild on YOU TUBE, i have all the tools except the supercharger ones, which i can buy online along with the rebuild kit, is it possible to rebuild the charger myself, and what is the advantage of the stainless washers over the ceramic and is it advisable thank in advance robert

Most ski's look good when they are out for sale. Glowing coolant and clean oil, that is 100 USD at the most.
Point to make is, the ski is 9 years old (I have the same one) and service history is unknown. Most probably a yearly oil change and that might be it, if you are lucky.

The supercharger kit is not too expensive, with the tool kit, it will cost you around 500 USD. If you buy original Seadoo you get a nice paper how to do it, my 7 year old son can do it so it is easy. I assume that a better than average mechanic can do it with ease.

While the supercharger is out, I would check the drive shaft carbon seal, if the supercharger never came out it is possible the carbon seal is still original :) Unlikely as the 2010 model is known as the "driveshaft spline eater" and might have been updated to the 2011 shaft already.

Spending 500 USD for the supercharger rebuild is a wise investment, less to worry about. Somebody else will chime in about the difference in washers, I don't know as I just use OEM stuff which work for me.

Alternatively, you can remove the supercharger yourself and mail it in to Jerry at greenhulk dot com. He has done so many of these, you're guaranteed a good-as-new charger. I think he charges about $425 plus shipping. You won't save any appreciable money, but you'll get it done by a pro.

You don't have ceramic washer on your 2010 but I'd still get it rebuilt - cheaper than a $6000 new engine!

Internal intercooler on the 215 , external intercooler 260, probably higher flow injectors and a different tune

PWC Muscle which is our site sponsor here does the rebuilds here to and can supply all the parts for DIY.

You also know that they provide the service manuals here free too?

For the kits don’t worry about the ceramic or stainless, just get the newest part number for your ski using OEM parts.
It also isn’t just the hours on the supercharger, it’s also the years even if it wasn’t used. You have to adhere to the intervals or risk destroying your engine.

I have mine off and the kit/tools in the unopened box. Just got the impeller rebuilt and installed it and a new wear ring, as well as a new carbon ring and rubber flex joint.

opening up the supercharger and the parts box is in the near future. (I make a living twisting automotive nuts and bolts, AIN'T SKEERED! :crazy:)

I did mine myself. Calculated the cost savings, you have to do 4 rebuilds before you save money doing it yourself. I have two skis so I',m halfway there. In addition to the SC tools you need to buy, you will need a shop press too.

If you are interested we do the rebuild for $435 and that includes return shipping. We only use OEM parts.

For a part that spins at 50,000 rpm, I'd let someone who does this day-in/day-out do mine! I'm pretty mechanical but don't touch high performance stuff like this! Pay the man! Send it in to PWC Muscle or Greenhulk - hardly worth it to mess it up yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back