Suggested to get help here

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

chcoco

Multiple problems already....Recently purchased a 1999 Sea Doo GTX RFI fulfilling a 10 year dream to own one (always rode with friends). The Sea Doo key was not always giving me the normal beeps when I plugged the key to stump but sea doo still started alright. By the end of the ride the red light was coming on and sometimes gave me the maintenance message. I noticed when arriving home that there was oil in the bilge of the craft when going to flush it with clean water. Got water coming out the end of the sea doo but no oil left the bilge. Took the sea doo to the lake again 3 days ago and realized after backing the craft into the lake that I had left the drain plugs out, immediate went and got the trailer and put it back on the trailer, drained as much water as possible. I then came home and read everything I could on getting the water cleared. I took out the spark plugs and blew the water out of the engine then sprayed WD-40 into and replaced the spark plugs. Attempted to start the Sea Doo but it would not turn over. Used the shop vac and sucked every place possible and even used the blower to blow off any remaining water. At this point everything I read said to get it started asap but due to the late hour I had to wait until after work the next day. Now day 2 and the day light, I attempted to start the Sea Doo again and still would not get the 2 beeps (I did one time when attaching the key), maintenance light flashing, oily every place due to water dispersing the oil present in the bilge, pulled the what fuses I found to dry them off, removed the spark plugs and dried them off then replaced them and attempted to start the Sea Doo again but still would not start. The Sea Doo was trying really hard to start and a couple of times came close. I am on my third day of this and finally found a mechanic in my town that was willing to work on the machine but can't get it in until Tuesday. I have learned that the longer it sits the worse it gets so any help is appreciated! Sorry for the length, just trying to be detailed so hoping to get help! Sexy single mom looking for a mechanic LOL

I would keep trying to blow the water out, heat the plugs with a torch and insert them with an extension, spark plug socket and pair of leather gloves.

Then turn the engine for a few seconds, no throttle, just see if it stumbles its way to running. Ease the throttle in slowly and it might burn off. Rinse and repeat until it fires. Once you can start it and run it normally, get that baby out on the water and ride, ride and ride.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back