Sudden corrosion drive shaft on NEW Wake Pro

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beaufort

Have a new Wake Pro 155, and keep it on a twin drive up dock in brackish water on the ICW, and have for the last 8 weeks or so. We also have a Yammy XVR that we keep on that dock. With brackish water, we are absolutely anal about our maintenance...flushing every day the skis are used. Yesterday after I pulled the skis for hurricane prep, I peaked under the intakes. The new Wake Pro's drive shaft is very corroded....while the Yammy's is not even though the Yammy has been a brackish water boat for 3 years. In the past, we had a couple of 2004 Sea Doo RXPs that we kept in the water at this location for 9 years, before we had the drive up dock, and they suffered some corrosion, but nothing like this new Wake Pro.

Something is wrong here. Anyone seen this? Suggestions?

Mine is also the only rusted part on my Sea-Doo and I am in fresh water. I suppose you could shine it up with a strip of emery cloth and spray it with anti-corrosive spray after every flush.

What alarms me about it is that it's worse than 2004 Sea Doo RXPs that we had for over ten years....and worse than our Yammy that we've had 3 years. And this new Sea Doo we've had since July.

Mines a 2011 and it’s been that way since I bought it in 2015, and hasn’t changed or gotten worse since then so I believe it gets to a certain level of surface corrosion and stops corroding or at least slows down. Although I’m in fresh water. I’m not an expert on Sea-Doo driveshaft history but I do believe the newer ones corrode easier than the older ones did. The splines probably reach their useful life a lot sooner than a corroding 1” solid steel shaft from a engineering standpoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back