Sucked up ski rope in Impeller...NEED HELP!!!

I am a complete moron?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tvardaky

I sucked up a ski rope from an inner tube into the starboard side impeller. I can feel the rope inside, HOW THE HELL TO I GET IT OUT? Can anyone help me? DO you think I'll need a new impeller and housing??? Please respond and thanks for the advice in advance.

Tvardaky

Start by removing the inlet grate. then try to reach up inside there with a box cutter and cut the rope out. With any luck it didn't do any other damage. Worst case you might have to take the pump apart. Hope this helps. Devon.

take spark plugs out and turn flywheel in opposite direction as someone underneath pulls out rope..

ski rope sucked up

done that twice now. used a saw with a long narrow blade to saw away at the rope into pieces that could be pulled out by hand...tedious, but no permament damage done to our boat, i don't think

Just remove the pump, once you know how it only takes a few minutes and is far easier than having to crawl underneath and hacking at it...

How do you remove the pump??

At the back of the boat:

1) take off the cables. (steering, reverse, trim)
2) take the 4 bolts off the nozzle. Remove the nozzle
3) Remove the 4 nuts holding the pump to the hull. (don't remove yet)

In the hull:

1) disconnect the hoses at the rear of the hull. These will be cooling hoses, and bailing hoses.

Back to the rear of the boat:

1) slide the pump off.

Note:

1) you may not have all the hoses listed above, depending on your boat.
2) when you remove the pump, there may be shims. Mark them, and where they came from. It's important to put them back in the right place to keep proper pump alignment.
3) the pump may be glued on. Pry it from the hull easy.
4) replace the pump gasket. If you don't, you could have cavitation once you put it back together.

Since you will have the pump out... you should check the oil in it, and don't forget to grease the splines in the impeller when you re assemble it.

OK, I'm a novice. What and where is the inlet grate. My husband, son and 2 grandsons took the boat out and also sucked up the tow rope. I will have to fix it myself. Where do I start? I understand it is the starboard side engine. Oh yeah, it is a 1995 Sea Doo Bombardier.

OK, I'm a novice. What and where is the inlet grate. My husband, son and 2 grandsons took the boat out and also sucked up the tow rope. I will have to fix it myself. Where do I start? I understand it is the starboard side engine. Oh yeah, it is a 1995 Sea Doo Bombardier.

hello and welcome

grate is under boat towards the back. you can't miss it..

If you read the posts in this thread from the beginning, you should get the jest of removing the line from the jet pump. If you're still baffled, let us know and we'll help out as best we can. :)

Karl

hello and welcome

grate is under boat towards the back. you can't miss it..
Is there just the 4 bolts to remove the inlet grate? Must have happened before with the previous owners because there is "caulking" or something holding the grate on. Dont't want to do any damage to the boat to remove this gunk.

Is there just the 4 bolts to remove the inlet grate? Must have happened before with the previous owners because there is "caulking" or something holding the grate on. Dont't want to do any damage to the boat to remove this gunk.

http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche.com/seadooforums/Seadoo_oem/Seadoo_JB.asp?Type=13&A=5&B=13

You should be able to put hand inside of space where shaft connects to impeller.
The plate with caulking is the ride plate. It does not have to be removed
Do you have #7 from link above on your boat?
Couldn't tell which model you have other than it being a 95?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks all you guys. I did get the grate off and so far most of the rope. The last person "glued" the whole grate plus the bolts the last time it was fixed. Sorry, I'm not really computer literate so if I've got this screwed up I'm sorry.

It is a 95 Bombardier Twin Rotax Speedster. Only had for a month but love the fun.
Thanks for replying and helping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back