submerged motor, did i wait too long?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

kmarts

Launched a ski without the plugs in... A Buddy stood at the launch while i went and found parking. By the time i got back he's waving at me saying he thinks the ski is sinking. Place was so busy that i couldn't get it back to the ramp in time so motor ended up filled with water.

Someone launching a seadoo was nice enough to pull mine out for 5 minutes while i let it drain, cranked it without the plugs to get the water out. Once it drained he said he had to go so i put it back in the water hoping I'd be able to get it started.... I killed the battery cranking it.

So i had to wait almost an hour to get it out. 40 minute drive home. Put the battery on a fast charger for 30 minutes, fired right up.

I wasn't going to be able to get back to the lake that day so i ran the motor for 3-4 minute intervals, fogging the crap out of it every time. Did this 4 or 5 times.

Next day couldn't get to lake until the afternoon. Got there, ski ran fine, ran the crap out of it for a solid hour.

What are the odds that I'm going to end up with a rusty crank?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back