Stering cable problem / Any help

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

chopper2105

I stored both of my 2006 Sea Doo GTX 4 tec last winter. I started them every two weeks to keep everything running. I uncovered both of the Sea Doo's and one of Sea Doo's stering is very stiff. The other one is just fine. I was sure to lupe the throttle cable and the stering cable after the last time I used them. I worked the stering back and force and applied some Lube and the stering got alittle better but is still stiff.

I'm guessing that I got some Corrosion in the stering cable.

Any Ideas of what I can use to make the stering easier or should I just buy another cable for $138.00. I can replace it myself but, I'm worried it will happen again. The cable is a poor design with water able to enter at the end while under water.

Any ideas

Thanks
Chopper2105

Yeah I just got another throttle cable for my speedster boat and it made it very smooth. You'd think they would have made a sealed design for the cables...

Pull the cable out (which you'd have to do anyway to replace) and do a good visual inspection, see if you can lube it to free it, and if not invest in another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back