Stereo install on 97 challenger, no stereo while running

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ch0pp3r

Hey team....so I have a 97 challenger and of course they do not have stereo systems. So last week I got fed up and decided to install four 6 1/2 with a marine grade Memphis deck. Ran all the wires cut holes for speakers and put deck in the cup holder cut out on driver side. System sounds amazing but when I start the boat in have no music, as soon as I turn motor off BAMMM music is back on. I wired it direct to the battery so I didn't have to worry about messing up factory wiring. Anyone know why this is happening ? Is it a volt regulator maybe? I figured since it's direct to battery there should be an issue. Help PLs

Yep... what he said. If you are tied to the battery... there's no reason it should shut off.

I have a marine grade Memphis stereo. Ground and hot go directly to the battery... those are the only wires running to deck.

The only other thing I can think of is your rectifier is going bad and possibly shooting ac into your electrical system taking out the stereo.

I'm thinking it has to be the deck because the volts are good at the pigtail and moving the wires around where they enter the deck I get intermittent sound. Going to check the deck soon with the stereo shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back