Stereo Amplifier 2008 180 Challenger

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

seatys501

Hello, brand new 180 Challenger and on the first trip hit some waves and the stereo has major static like cut outs. Dealer said its probbaly a loose connection on the amplifier. I checked the connections on the back of the stereo unit and they are good. Does anyone know where the amplifier is located on this vessel? Anyone have the same issue?

Thanks
Ed

the new ones have an amp!?! ugh. that makes me so jelous. what kind is it and what size?

were you listening to the radio or a cd when it cut out? did the head unit completely shut off and come back on or did it constantly stay on through the static? does it only do it when you busting waves?

I had an 08 Challenger for a short time before the engine blew up due to the dealer not fixing something properly. There was no amplifier in it.

I've found more and more that some dealers don't know what they are talking about. Like when the dealer treated me like a moron when I just got the Speedster 200 last weekend. Our conversation went like this...

Me: "I have a Speedster 200 that I just picked up and I can't find the hour meter, do you know where it it?
Him: "uh, where you'd expect it to be, on the dash."
Me: "It's not there, I checked everything, even in the engine compartment"
Him: "well you need to hit the mode button to display it."
Me: "I said this is a 2008 Speedster 200"
Him: "yeah and your point?"
Me: "It doesn't have anything digital on the dash."
Him: "Well I guess I can't help you then."

I'm done with that dealer.

Dealers like that don't deserve to be a dealer...what a dope! There must be a local dealer around your house. Go to" www.seadoo.com " and hit dealer locator in the top left hand of the screen you'll just need a zip code.
If you need to know anything about you speedster...I know mine inside and out...read the shop manual end to end 4 times... I bought a hard copy to just read for the heck of it so I know it a little better.
Karl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back