Steering Wheel Click

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jcurrier

Ok I am new the forums just bought a 2000 speedster on Monday so execuse me in advance for any incomplete informatin.

Anyways like stated i have a 2000 speedster. I notice a problem where when the steering wheel is moved all the way over to the left of the right with the right amount of pressure put on it it will click and basically jump. i could keep doing this and then when i move the steering wheel over it would be off center. If i do this i just turn it to the right or left and click it the other way.

Not a huge issue but i dont think its supposed to do that.

I opened the hood and i see the rubber stopper (i know thats not right) but it hits and with enough force will jump.

1. is this normal.
2. the rubber stopper has two holes. which one should it be in.
3. what can i do to fix this.

Sounds like the gear in the steering box is broken. (but I don't think it has any)

The wheel itself is held into position with a key... I doubt you would have seared that.

I'll check the parts explosion, and see if I can figure anything out for you.

Steerling Wheel Click

Any easy instructions to do this? Also what is the part number of the gear box just so I know I am looking at the right thing. What exactly am i looking for in this and is their an easy fix? Sorry to be such a noob.

Since you are a premium member... get the manual for the boat.

The real problem is... I don't think the steering gearbox is a serviceable item. I think you replace it. (I've never tried to open one since they never break) Also... there is no easy way to tell you how to fix it. The box isn't hard to remove... and you may find other issues while you disassemble it.

Once you remove it... if the gears are the actual problem... that box is made by TeleFlex. (It's a generic boat part) You can probably find one on eBay, or you local boat shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back