Steady alarm

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildtony

Premium Member
Premium Member
2000 sea doo sportster 240hp Efi after some fast wake jumping and playing around a steady alarm started and stay on so took boat home and flush it for 10 minutes. my question is is there a scanner or codes to be read or how to diagnose the problem? the boat runs it smokes when you start it up but it clears once you get going but once you sit at idle you see the smoke start again some research I done sujest to replace the port head temp sensor any ideas or help will be appreciated.

I can't remember but you are either low on fuel or are overheating. They is a switch on the dash to quiet it if you are low on fuel.

If you are overheating check for blockage especially near the water pick in the jet drive. If you feel you are not overheating. Maybe your sensor is shot. I can't remember witch one it uses for the alarm

Was just trying to research since i'm having the same issue, but i know which one is causing the beep in my case.. Here's how:

Constant beep is usually overheating (or low fuel if equipped with the switch).
on the engine, there's two temp sensors.. one senses the block temp and another the water temp..
you can figure out which one is causing the alarm by unplugging them one at a time while the alarm is going.. if alarm turns off, thats your sensor thats sending the signal.. then you gotta figure out if its a bad sensor or a real reason its going off.

Both sensors are located on the head and quite accessible wires when you're on the boat.
Sensor on Port side head is the engine temp sensor. got i think 3 or 4 wires coming out of it.. unplug and if alarm turns off, thats the offending sensor.
Sensor on Starboard side head is the water temp sensor. It has one wire to unplug.. think its a tan with black stripe (this sensor is my issue)..

that should at least help you figure out which sensor is causing the issue..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back