StayWet's HX Build / Resto

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

StayWet

Alright so I had been searching for an HX for a month now and one just magically landed in my lap. I have my brother picking it up today for me while I'm at work. Here's what I know..... "just rebuilt top end, needs rings. I'll loosely bolt everything back together so you know where it all goes. I just lost interest. It's near complete." Obviously I'll take more detailed pics when it's delivered and find out what i REALLY have on my hands. Hell it may be someone from here who owned it last, who knows.

Anyways this build will be 2 phases. First initial phase is cleanup and get running correct. Come Fall the plan is a tear down, go through everything, do some upgrades and mods, fresh paint and custom graphics.

When I get home tonight I'm going to try to find the thread I had read previously about what to do and check when you first purchase. Another thread I've got to re-search for is one of the members did an HX build and literally within a few hours had the hull looking brand new and the colors all popped. I need to find that thread to see what he used to bring the finish back so well.

Alright, enough BS, just figured I'd get this thread started.

Sidenote: This is the first ski I've owned or worked on so I'll be using the search button a lot. Stay tuned. I'm sure I'll run into issues.

Seadoo HX.jpg

Well, I asked for a project and I certainly got one. Looks like it's going to be a total rebuild. I'm assuming, carb rebuild kit, complete gasket kit, pistons and rings, new hose lines, etc. I'm still excited. Gonna be a cool learning experience. I don't like to take baby steps when I get into something new to me, I prefer the dive right in and figure it out method. I'll focus on removing everything from the hull this weekend. I wanna clean up the inside of the hull anyways. Any tips on getting all the paint off of the engine parts?

IMG_7747.JPG

IMG_7749.JPG

IMG_7750.JPG

Go ahead and get a new crank for that puppy. Only reason I ask if you rode one is they are nothing like the typical ski. But still a ton of fun

Looks like the seat was sprayed black with some sort of vinyl spray paint. Surprisingly you'd almost never know it turned out good. The only problem is they must have sprayed it while it was bolted up since there's overspray on the white part of the hull.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back