Starting Restoration of 2005 Challenger 180

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNels0ns

Purchased the boat last fall and finally have started the restoration. After figuring out the previous owner had connected the accessory ground to the positive side of the battery (scratching my head) - what a surprise everything works!

Changed out the helm seats with the Sea-Doo Boats seats offered at Great Lakes Skipper for $261 for the pair + Shipping. Had to create new mounts to retain the swivel feature but worked out great.

Working with Robert at Jet Amour on the new skins for the seats - was able to save $150 as I did not need to do the Helm Seats - So the replacement seats only cost me about $100 bucks! Thanks Robert and Jet Armor!

Working with Julie Vega at Hydroturf and was able to get a 15% discount from them. She told me to pass it along to the rest of the forum. Thanks Julie and Hydroturf.

Photo's Soon!

I have the same boat and am in restoration mode because I let it sit for four years. Mine is mostly making sure I'm good mechanically - but thinking of some upgrades like you are doing - good luck!

I just put in the Hydroturf on a 2008. Makes a huge difference. I had mine done in about an hour. Grab a can of Acetone from Home Depot and clean the surface really well first. Hopefully outside. Those fumes can be bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back