starting out of the water?!?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

bammer24

Hello, yea I'm a noob. woo! Anyway, I am trying to fix my girlfriends family waverunner when I came to a question. Can I start the wave runner out of the water? The reason being is, 3 of the 4 exhaust manifold bolts broke at the end of the season last year and it was smoking a lot more towards the end of the season as well. From reading other posts I think the engine mount may be bad (have yet to check). I was wondering if replacing the bolts could clear up the smoking problem. Also, starting the waverunner towards the end of the season became a lot more difficult and I figure the plugs just need changed. Any pointers and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Welcome to the seadoo forum bammer24. I would suggest you replace the broken bolts first of all. Yes, you can start the seadoo out of the water, by connecting a hose to the doo, start it up first and turn on the water. Do not run it longer than 5 minutes maximum as the inpeller bearings and seals have no cooling out of the water and they will get hot. Turn off the water than shut off the engine. To check the engine mount, grab the engine and give it a shake. If it is loose it is broke. For further help you might want to get us the model# and year of the seadoo. This forum has lots of active members that are eager to answer your questions.

Karl

sorry it is a 2001 GTI with the 717 engine. I found a repair manual for the 2003 seadoo's online and was wondering if it would just as good. Thanks.

That manual is for a different seadoo, but it's close. If you need assistance give us a shout.

Karl

Thanks Karl, also, when I was reading about replacing the fuel filter, it stated that the system may need to be re-pressurized. Is this correct? If so, how would I do that. And is there a cheaper place online to purchase lube, filters and other necessary products then just the dealer?

Well I prefer to use seadoo for the injector oil. But the greases and other lubes you can use any company. As long as it's in spec. I'll check on the proper procedure for the fuel filter re-pressure.

Karl

On the 717 model it isn't the DI (Digital Injected) model, it's the carburated model, so it isn't necessary.

Karl

awesome, I'm surprised that there is not a fuel filter or an oil filter. My dad was telling me that some of the guys at his work use some type of fuel additive for 2-stroke engines. Supposedly it really cleans the engine throughout and they claim it helps the engine feel like it is brand new. Anybody ever use some type of fuel or some sort of additive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back