Starting from lift -- hard starts in water

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

chevyguy

We finally got a lift for our 93 spx.
Hard starts last year from sitting in water & sometimes water in bilge.

What is the best way to launch from a lift?
1. Start it, lower lift, get on and ride?
2. Start. Stop. Lower lift, and ride?
3. Try starting it in water (this is what we had trouble with last year) drained battery had to replace starter too.

Also-- LOW idle. Need to give it gas to keep it from stalling when in water. Seems like this will be a problem with launching with new lift.
Can I just dial the idle speed adjustment screw left? (t-shaped) on carb or is there some other recommendation?

Thanks for your help.

You could adjust the the idle by turning the adjustment screw clockwise till it doesn't stall. You might want to check the compression on that seadoo.It ideally should be at 150 psi. Usually you should only start the seadoo to be sure it will fire after you lower it in the water to ride it. So start it on the lift, shut it off...lower it, get on and start it and go.

Karl

still hard starts

Hi, Thanks for the advice.

But kind of a flop for trying to have it on the lake this 4th of July
HARD starts in water. (IF it starts) ~8-10 sec nothing.
Long starts on lift/dry (before hose) ~4-8 seconds cold

Tried choke/no choke.
Changed plugs.
Carbs should be ok; when running it is responsive, no problems.
Compression was good on both cylinders when checked last season (just bought it then)

Would the hard starts have anything to do with another problem?:
Boat is taking on water.
Bilge fills to upper batter level in 2-3 hours of just sitting. Too slow to actually see where its coming in though.

Any suggestions? I hope this isn't the seal and bearing assembly/carbon ring or something expensive.
I try to fix myself and save cash. (New starter, oil line repair, clogged coolant line, etc) Please offer your suggestions. Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back