Starter solenoid?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ford man

Hi i hace a 2000good seadoo gs i just had carbs rebuilt now tge seadoo wont start it beeps and juat clicks when i hit the stsrt button i found the clicking from this box what is in here besides battery cable's? Starter silinoid? Thanks

Attachments

• 2013-11-13_17-06-45_394.jpg
    2013-11-13_17-06-45_394.jpg
    770 KB · Views: 9
Be sure your battery is fully charged. Do not charge or boost while attached to ski.

Push the 2 tabs in on the sides of the lid. The whole unit will come out of the box and look similar to what is in the picture. You will see the selonoid in there (the unit with the 2 heavy red wires attached to it). Take a screwdriver and cross the 2 terminals to see if the motor turns over. You have to make a solid contact, and more then likely will see some sparks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay thanks, of it turns over is it the selinoid?

Most likely yes,, but there could still be a no. If it cranks that tells you that you have a good battery, good starter, and good connections.
As I type this, I would say YES in your case. The fact that it vibrates means that it is getting the signal via the start/stop button.

If it didn't vibrate, you could have a bad wire to or from the MPEM or a bad start/stop button.

So in a nutshell, if it cranks you need a solenoid.. LOL

From what you're describing it sounds more like it's either the battery, battery cable or a corroded connection.

Lou

alright thank you guys, ill check it soon and Lou i will try your observation as well. weve got a major cold front here in Oklahoma so just need it to start to winterize it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back