Start problem (key , wires )?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

tiagopp

Hello

I have a xp 97 that sometimes it doesn't start. Actually everytime I need to take the key off several times and open and close the front engine door to make the contacts work.

Is it a common issue ? Should I change the wires ? If so, how complicated is it?

I had trouble with my 1996 GTX along those same lines. After arguing with it a while the Dang thing would come on all of a sudden and work. Funny for me, I'd open the hood and remove the gray box housing all the electrical connections. I'd open the gray box to check the holder relay....never really touch anything and the ski would start right up. I later figured the problem was outside the gray box but I lived with this for several months while doing much trouble shooting. For other reasons I replaced the gray box with the MPEM and CDI.... everything. Guess what.... ?? Same problem. :) I bought a pin removal tool and and began to check the pins and clean them. I found a lot of dirt in the DESS wire connector "ONE wire in particular". When I cleaned that up... the ski started many times with no issues. So.... I'd recommend you purchase the pin separator tool and take the connectors apart and clean them.

Matt Braley schooled me on this or I'd probably still be arguing with this ski. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back