Sporadic beep while running 2004 Sportster DI LE

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

BeepyBoat

Hello,

Total boat newb here. I picked up a 2004 Sportster DI LE last summer, and when we have it out on the water, it emits a long, high-pitched beep every few minutes that lasts about two seconds. Note that we'll sometimes go through long periods of time when the beep is completely gone, but then it comes back with a vengeance.

As far as what sets off the beep, it's seemingly random. I've tried timing the silence between beeps, but its never consistent - I'd say every 2 minutes or so. It also doesn't happen during a specific action, such as accelerating/decelerating, etc.

It's full of gas, full of oil, and we just changed the spark plugs. We've also made sure it's clear of weeds.

I checked the service manual and skimmed through some posts in this forum and it seems like the random beeping is a pretty common issue that doesn't necessarily have a clear-cut troubleshooting path.

Could someone help a newb down that path anyways? :coolgleam:

Thanks so much,

Brian

Is your battery ok? Are your battery connections really tight? I can't remember all the beeps but it's a easy thing to check first

I had same issue with my Islandia. There is a wire attached to bottom fuel filter that senses water. Fuel filter looks like a smaller version of a spin on oil filter. I unhooked it and beeping stopped. Changing the filter didn't seem to help and I had no apparent water in filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back