Speedster help!!!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cdoo

Dear Friends,
Summer is passing me by and all I have had are problems.
On the 4th of July a friend got a tow rope caught, my broth in law is a wizard and got it out. All ran well for he last two weekends.
We noticed last weekend that the bilge was filling up w water, we were pulling a 3 person tube for a couple hours.
We realized the bilge was clogged (our lake is very weedy) and all the water drained out.
Now only one engine is running properly?
They both start up, but when you reach about 3000 rpm, one shoots straight up to 7000 rpm when the other runs fine.
It looks as if there is a break in a seal or boot as you can see a little water coming out when you open the engine compartment. Just a little water but I am assuming it is some type of seal that is keping it from getting the power to move and plane out.
Any ideas? I am pretty handy, can I fix myself? Would this be a result of the rope getting caughta week back? What are my options?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Charlie

is the seal/boot around the drive shaft? if so and it is leaking then you are sucking air and getting cavitation. You can fix yourself. SBT has drive line repair kit that includes the boot. You will have to pull the pump though. Still no big deal. I also suggest replacment of the neopreme seal when you R&R the pump. SBT also has those and there only like 4 bucks or something.

Thanks

Thank you for your help, maybe Ill be up and running this weekend???
I thank you for your quick reply. Is there anywhere that shows diagrams of the engines so I dont f anythign up? This is my first sea doo jet engine, I am a complete novice with these.
Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back