Speedster almost sunk

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

treimche

I leave my 1996 Speedster in the water at a dock and it recently almost sunk. Apparently the drain plug came loose somehow and let a ton of water into the bilge. My carbon seals are also shot so maybe water was leaking though there too.

Anyway, what all should I check/drain/dry before trying to start the engines? I was going to pull the cover off the MPEM to see if it stayed dry. I will pull the spark plugs and crank each engine to see if any water comes out of the cylinders. So far the bilge pump still works but the fan doesn’t.

I won’t be leaving it in the water anymore this year. An automatic bilge pump is on the parts list.

Was the water over the carbs? If so you better get working on getting it running. If it was up to your MPEM you better be working double time

Start by pulling the plugs and blowing out as much water as possible. Check all your fuse holders for water in them. Make sure your battery is fully charged before you start this process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back