Speedster 200 Wake Towers

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

pwirch

I've been looking at all the pictures of the wake towers on the Speedster 200. I've got all the equipment to build my own tower and can pretty much replicate the factory tower for a tiny fraction of the cost but I'm wondering about the mounting point on the boat. I don't get my boat until Saturday so I can't really look at it. When you order a tower do you get new brackets for the ends of the aluminum bar that's there? Is it reinforced enough to support a tower or do extra parts come with it. I tried looking them up in BRP's parts catalog online but it doesn't seem to be working right now. I could just TIG tabs to it but I want it to look rather genuine because I like the lines of the factory tower.

WOW!!! I talked with the marina, same specs as the 2006 so I looked up the assembly and it's pieces that go into the existing mounts. $117 for a little piece of aluminum that goes into the insert and that was just 1 of the 4 inserts I needed. Good this we have a machine shop. Guess we'll just be measuring and building all the tabs ourselves. All in all for the 4 mounts, bolts and washers it would have been over $500. I'll have the whole thing done for less than that. Where I work helps but I need to take every shortcut I can. :)

Nothing from seadoo direct is cheap. I got a Bimini top made local for like $450.00, installed. The one from seadoo is $699.00, and I have to install it. I would have installed mine myself, but the canvas guy is a buddy of mine and offered if I bought the beer...:cheers:

Karl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back