Speedster 200 steering

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mddrummer911

Ok so I just got a 2004 speedster 200 with the twin 155’s. I’m learning all about the Porpoising... looking for trim tabs....

But also I’ve noticed when planed out to go straight I’m steering right and the boat seems to lean to the right. Weight is evenly distributed across the boat.... also hard to steer at high speed. Any suggestions?

I bought a 400 pound fat sac ballast to add to the front to help with keeping the nose down for the bouncing around.... just hasn’t been delivered yet. Should have it before this weekend.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Also sorry. Noticing some cavitation at take off... it will get me up on a wakeboard, but struggles....help there also please.

Mine is a BEAR to turn right when on plane...you just have to muscle through it. I think the rotation of the impellers causes that. As I posted on the other thread, the ballast will help, but you'll probably take on water every time when you come off plane. And as for cavitation, that's going to be either impeller wear or more likely the wear rings in the pump. If they haven't been replaced since it was new, then that's your likely culprit.

Just going straight if I let go of the wheel it will go left. I have to steer right to go straight. That’s probably why the boat leans...

The steering can be adjusted on you starboard jet pump. Straighten the steering wheel and visually ensure the buckets are straight. If it looks good then you could have some issues with you port pump performance forcing you to steal right to go straight. Also make sure your rpms area the same on both engines when cruising.

I adjusted the alignment on the jets and it steers perfect now. I’m still getting a lot of cavitation so will need to replace wear rings next. Also the 400 pound fat sack in the nose helped a lot with the Porpoising... didn’t cure it but can now cruise at 35 out in the middle of the lake where as before anything over 25 it started bouncing. I read somewhere that if you have cavitation on the pumps it mAke Porpoising worse... so hopefully replacing wear rings will help with this problem too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back