Speedster 200 - Need a new radio

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

rkkoeb

Hello

Looking for recommendations for a new stereo for our speedster 200. This unit must have blue tooth. What do you recommend purchasing?

Thanks

I installed a JL Audio MBT-CRX and connected it to a Kicker amp. Don’t need FM radio functionality or CDs.

Just upgraded to a Kenwood. Had to replace the remote but was pretty easy. Has Bluetooth and can have multiple phones connected. If I’m running music thru my phone I can also control with my Apple Watch. Went with the kenwood because of the eq as well the 3 sets of rca outs for the amps and didn’t break the bank..IMG_2416.JPGIMG_2472.JPG

Just upgraded to a Kenwood. Had to replace the remote but was pretty easy. Has Bluetooth and can have multiple phones connected. If I’m running music thru my phone I can also control with my Apple Watch. Went with the kenwood because of the eq as well the 3 sets of rca outs for the amps and didn’t break the bank..View attachment 42107View attachment 42108
What model is that? how did you find the install? i'm also looking for a up-to-date radio but want to keep control at the helm.

thanks in advance
Cheers
chris

What model is that? how did you find the install? i'm also looking for a up-to-date radio but want to keep control at the helm.

thanks in advance
Cheers
chris

Hey Chris,

It’s the Kenwood KMR-D375BT. Found a deal on it thru Google Express and BestBuy, not sure if they still have or not. Install wasn’t too bad, if you’ve ever done car audio it’s pretty much the same. I used butt connectors with heat shrink over to protect from elements. stereo by itself probably took half hour or so. I have a set of mini fish sticks from Harbor Freight that make it a breeze to run the remote cable. If you don’t have a set and are going to do any wiring on a boat go spend the $8 for them. Also, I did have to order a 3m length extension cable for the helm remote so factor that in if you go that route. Kenwood does have a phone app but it’s a pain to use on the water. Will say helm remote was a must for me. Took out once without and promptly ordered after.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Rick

What I found with my old stereo is when I turn the main disconnect off on the boat I will loose all my preset channels on the radio when I turn it back on. Anyone find a way to get around this? Do the newer radios have some type of battery backup

Likely a wiring issue, should have a wire to battery then one to a stereo rocker switch etc. battery on or off there should be a constant on. Usually red will be ignition/switch wire and yellow will be straight to battery.

I don't have a radio switch on my boat. This is the factory radio that came with the boat. If I don't turn the main discount off inside the engine compartment the radio will always keep memory but if I do turn this switch off and back on then I loose the memory of any preset channels.

On the back of the battery switch there should be an orange wire that is connected to the battery side of the switch that will stay hot regardless of the battery selector. Should also have the bilge set up this way too.

Likely someone disconnected and didn’t reconnect on the right post.

Here’s a link to the wire schematic of a similar boat. 2007 seadoo speedster 150 electrical wiring diagram

IMG_3074.JPG

does any of the stereos use a battery backup on them. I know my Boss did that I had in my last boat. I took the boat battery out and the end of the year and put it back in during summer and my stereo powered up and still had all my favorite channels saved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back