Speedster 150 Top Speed

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moejay

I took my 2012 Speedster 150 Wake 255HP out for the 2nd time today. In my 2 trips I tend to test the limits from time to time. On my first trip my max speed was 50 MPH (choppy) and my second trip today was 51MPH (glass) @ 7400 max RPM.
My question is what does yours do and is mine just slower because it has less than 3 hours on it?
Thanks,
Moejay

Mine runs in the mid 50s with more than myself aboard at about 7800 RPM. It pushes close to 60 when out by myself. The mechanic did tell me at the dealer that during the first 5 hours the 2012 speedster would not perform top speed and that he was having customers bring the boats back and complain. I do not know if that is really true though. I was varying my speed so much the first 10 hours I never really kept track of the exact top speed.

Thanks for the reply..............I would think the tower would make some difference, but not that much. I guess I will just have to wait and see.

The tower should not make that much of a difference. If the new boats are like the new skis, then the first five hours are limited to a certain speed. I am not sure what it is on the boats, but it was only 50mph on a GTX 155, and 65mph for an RXP-X. I know the RXP would do 70 plus and the GTX should at least do mid 50s. There is something that Riva makes to bypass the electronic switch that limits the speed, but it would not really be worth it to me to add that just to get a few mph, when after 5 hours, it should all get to normal anyway. My Speedster 215 with tower does about 54mph, and from what I understand the 255hp should do close to 60mph, if not a little faster with driver only. That break in period is always the toughest part to get through. If it does not clear up after the initial 10 hours, I would mention it to the dealer when you take it in for the 10 hr tuneup. Good luck and have fun.

Note that the 10 hour tuneup is now 25 hours according to seadoo and the manual. Also it would seem to me that an issue may be indicated by the 7400 RPM. I'm getting 7800 RPM and 55 mph on my 2012 255HP w/tower, like watermaniac407 said.

At this rate the 5 or 10 hours of use is taking a while......I went out the day after I purchased it (Mothers Day) for 1.5 hours (then I fell off the back of it putting it in the garage.."same day"....and broke my foot). Now I finally got someone to help me take it out on Wednesday (cast on foot) where I put another 1.5 hours on it. At least here in the Houston area we have long summers!
Thanks for the replies!

I've heard, read so much conflicting info on break in. I have a 2012 speedster 155hp, I've got 7 hours on it now and I'm varying speed etc, but some have told me not to hit top rpm, others that just varying is good enough. What is right?

Btw, I have hit a top speed in my boat of 47mph

I've heard, read so much conflicting info on break in. I have a 2012 speedster 155hp, I've got 7 hours on it now and I'm varying speed etc, but some have told me not to hit top rpm, others that just varying is good enough. What is right?

Btw, I have hit a top speed in my boat of 47mph

Good news did you read what doothatdo wrote? It's computer top limited for the break in period, you should hit 50 no problem soon

That would be sweet... Btw manual for the 2012 150 speedster says break in is 10 hours? Dealer said service should be performed between 10-25 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back