Speedster 150 grate removal tool

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

dothadoo

I have to replace my intake grate and need to know if there is anyone that has successfully removed it without lifting the engine to get to that front bolt. Is there a special tool that can reach? More importantly, how can you loosen the lock tite on that bolt? I have found a metal shop that makes special tools all the time, and I was thinking about getting them to make a long handle wrench to hold the bolt. If I remember correctly, I think it is an 8mm nut. I haven't really looked for the bolt so I do not know what kind of room I even have to get a tool down there.

BTW, I asked the dealer and he said, just unscrew it and hopefully it should come right out. I am too scared it will shear off. I would really appreciate some help with this, as this should not be as difficult as it seems to be.

Thanks for the reply Steve. I am just too afraid that the bolt will shear off, but I guess I may have to give that a try in hopes that everything goes as it should. Did you use any special silicone or loc-Tite when you put the new one on?

just spray with PB Blaster and let it soak for a lil while. after i installed it i just put some silicone on it and it's good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back