Speedster 150 215hp oil cooler fail

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

acidlex

Hi guys, I'll cut straight to the chase: the oil cooler has failed and oil got into the cooling system, engine seems to be ok, no coolant on dipstick. I will be replacing the oil cooler and the question is how do I flush the oil from the cooling system?
If I drain the old coolant (that's mixed with oil) and put new coolant in obviously there will still be oil on wall of cooling channels, hoses and reserve tank, will it affect the cooling performance?
Also the engine compartment has got oil everywhere on the bottom, any suggestions on how to wash it all off?

Thanks for the help.20181215_180103.jpeg20181215_180111.jpeg20181215_180109.jpeg

For the hull use Castrol SuperClean. For the cooling system I would think something like Prestone cooling system cleaner would work.

Thanks for the info there guys.
I've managed to sort it out, about 90% of oily coolant got out after 10 flushes. Very time consuming and u can only get the oily coolant out once the engine is warmed up.
If you ever experience the oil cooler failure first thing to do is to dump the coolant while it's still warm.
Merry XMAS and a happy new year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back