Speedster 150 2012 or Speedster 200 2006

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickyp5569

Please help me decide

I am about to pull the trigger on either a Seadoo Speedster 150, 2012, 260hp with 12Hrs on it in Lucky Green with a wake tower or I have the option of buying a Seadoo Speedster 200 2006 with 74 Hrs on it, It also has a wake tower. I don't know if I should sacrifice the 3 extra seats for the newer , cheaper and easier to maintain Boat. There is about a $3000 price difference between the two.

Guys seem to LOve the 150 .... Im a bit torn

PLease help with some advice.

Thanks
Rick
South Africa

I've had both hulls, I much prefer the 200. It way more stable the extra seating goes a long way too, the 200 is a much better tow boat (especially if you have a tower). I like both boats, but in long run the 200 would be a better way to go. Just my opinion.

Seeing that you are in south africa, im guessing parts are a bit more scarce and expensive. If the 200 has the 310 engines i would for sure go that route. No superchargers issues to deal with.

I never came back and updated. I eventually got the Seadoo 150 260hp in March of this year and boy all I can is what an awesome machine. I have never come home without a huge smile on my face. The sacrifice of having lesser friends on board with you is small in comparison to the way this machine blows you away..... Its amazing how hard you can throw it around and it just doesn't get out of shape... ITS AWESOME ... if you considering getting yourself one and are having second thoughts. Just Buy it cant go wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
I loved mine so much for playing around and fishing, it never gave me the trouble and made me speed better, it also nicely fit my garage, was thinking to buy an used and good deal Yamaha 19.2" but it's a bit too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back