Speedo wiring for '96 GTI

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cal GTI

I am replacing the speedometer sensor with another. The replacement harness has 3 wire - Red, Yellow, Black. The removed sensor harness was Blue, Purple, Black.
Can anyone advise which wires from the new harness go to the stock harness wires on the connector in the engine compartment? What colors on the new repolace the wires on the old one?
Thanks

Did ohmeter checks per Seadoo Shop Manual on sensor. The following were the results:

1564797704248.png

Opinions before I put new leads in the connector in the bilge?

I don't see that much of a difference. I am interested in this as I have a couple of speedometers that are not working. I can never get the sensor off the bottom of the ride plate without breaking it.

On your issue I'd do some checking. I have read that this instrument needs to be powered up in order to get readings when you spin the wheel so it has to be connected. If you do this please post your experiences. There is another thread on this where some knowledgeable people have discussed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back