speed pickup sensor

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

rock54

Replacing the speed sensor on my 2004 Utopia. Seems the original 2 wire sensor has been discontinued and now its 3 wire. Anyone have a clue on how I connect this thing? Original has a yellow/purple wire and a black/brown wire. The new speed sensor has red, black, and yellow wires. The female connector that it plugs into is a two wire. Is one of the wires left hanging or what?

I would connect
Yellow/purple to red
Black/brown to black

If you can connect temporarily and then use wife’s hair dryer to spin paddle and check you gauge is working before connecting permanent

I would connect
Yellow/purple to red
Black/brown to black

If you can connect temporarily and then use wife’s hair dryer to spin paddle and check you gauge is working before connecting permanent

Agree with gazza...to elaborate...the 3-wire parts have a temp sensor, the speed sensor is a simple spinning magnet & pickup. If you take a multimeter, measure voltage across two of the leads, spin the wheel. You will see a pulsating voltage. Those would be the correct wires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back